What to bring:
- It is suggested that personal items be kept to a minimum.
- One checked and one carry-on bag per person.
Clothing: Men and Women
- Work clothes for project site
- Always t-shirts on work site – “cami-shirt” or “spaghetti strap shirt” for women or sleeveless shirts for men are not allowed.
- If a volunteer has heat sensitive skin, long sleeve shirts are recommended for work.
- A hat
- Construction Boots or close-toed shoes (Be conscious of the danger of nails in the floor).
- Appropriate outfit for church attendance: men - slacks, women -dress or long pants.
- Consider local weather temperature based on season
- Comfortable clothes for evenings
- Little or no jewelry
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Flip-flops for shower, beach
- Bathing suit (one piece suggested for women)
- Linens: Twin Bed sheet set or sleeping bag (bunk bed)
- Water bottle
- Hygiene items/toiletries
- Insect repellent
- Flashlight and batteries
- Sun block
- Work gloves